Hey everyone! I was in Vegas with two of my best friends just over a month ago, so I thought this would be a great Throwback Thursday blog post! It’s a very common vacation destination, but for people like us who hadn’t been there before, we were getting SO many mixed opinions of what to do. Here is a photo journal with short captions summarizing our trip and what WE did! I’ll tell ya, we went full tourist mode. I wrote a blurb with some recommendations at the bottom! Pretty much all these photos were taken with a Samsung S5 and edited just on Instagram. Enjoy 🙂
Off to Las Vegas for my first time…
Really cool random building on the way to North Side Outlet Mall…
Ziplining down old Vegas, aka Fremont Street!
The hotel we stayed at…Treasure Island! Loved it.
What up Shaq?!
Paris, Las Vegas
Gettin’ a slurpee and chillin’ by the Bellagio! The fountain at night time is so beautiful! I have a cell phone video but it’s no where near as good as real life. Click here to watch a YouTube video of it if you haven’t seen it yet!
At the M&M store…they had HUNDREDS of M&M colors…heaven on earth.
New York New York, Vegas
MGM…just missed the Pacquiao vs. Mayweather fight!
The Excalibur hotel…we did a lot of walking this day…and every day…
Goofing around at the Cosmopolitan…
Jaleo Restaurant…really good tapas…really high prices lol
Had to take a pic of Boyz II Men 🙂
Beatles…my dad’s fave!
Day 3 baby!
Casual photo…not posing at all haha.
The Mirage…night out!
We gambled but this photo was just posing haha
Finally using the pool at our hotel 🙂
Treasure Island…it was a great stay
This weather though!!
Buddy’s Bakery for breaky? So yummy!
Checked out some beautiful animals at the Mirage. I swear this dolphin was smiling at me 🙂
I wish they gave these animals a million times more space…they need to run freeeeee
Our last night in Vegas…went to a gorgeous Italian restaurant and watched Cirque du Soleil: Zumanity!
New York New York….
Morning before the flight…we wanted to catch some extra Vegas sun
‘Til next time, Vegas!
Highlights & Recommendations:
- I really, really, really loved the hot weather in Vegas! Everything looks beautiful on the strip at any hour.We decided that we were going to check out LITERALLY everything Vegas had to offer because why not?
- The first thing we learned was do not be thinking you can go to a sit down restaurant past 11PM on a Wednesday…we tried that the day we arrived and nowhere was serving food, so we got some McDonalds. Vegas late nights at restaurants start on Thursdays and end on Sundays, so keep that in mind.
- The ziplining in Old Vegas was really cool, that pretty much sums up all to do there lol! You can also look at the many street performers and artists.
- The outlet malls are great for selection compared to Canada but the prices aren’t that much less. I bought a gorgeous Michael Kors “Bradshaw” watch for $50 less than it is here and that was my biggest discounted purchase. Oh! And the sales at the Timberland store were great too…$60 for a pair of Timberland BOOTS. Yup.
- I tried some gambling at a few hotels, Treasure Island, The Flamingo, and The Cosmopolitan and lost about $100 during the four days…while my friends won what seemed liked every time. Ugh haha. Oh well. Gamble at least once when you’re in Vegas, it’s definitely part of the experience. My fave was Blackjack!
- I would really recommend Treasure Island for a hotel, it’s on one end of the strip, neighbouring the Mirage and across from the Palazzo. It’s short walking distance to all the other popular places also, like the Bellagio, Caesars, Paris, etc. We walked down the strip probably 6 times the whole trip…we checked out every building haha.
- Nicki Minaj was at the Caesars Palace the same time we were there but it was a private show for iHeart Radio and I was freaking out inside knowing I was only meters from her haha.
- Go to Chipotlé (they only have it in Vancouver and Toronto in Canada)! So yummy…yes, it’s fast food, but so good.
- Check out a Cirque du Soleil show! We went to Zumanity at New York New York Hotel. It was soo good, and there was a bunch of comedic relief breaks that were pretty funny. I’d recommend checking out as many shows as you can in Vegas in between all the eating, shopping, and going out. We went to a few other shows as well as the Titanic Exhibition which was really cool…you get assigned a boarding pass of a real passenger from the ship, I was a 3rd class citizen that didn’t survive, of course, while Marc and Katharine were first and survived. Ugh lol.
- Last tip, make sure if you are a food lover like myself, budget HALF of your spending for food. There are so many nice restaurants in every building down the strip, since I was on vacation, I didn’t really look at food prices while eating. Do I regret it? No haha. It was all delicious!
I recommend for your first trip to Vegas, check EVERYTHING out. Vegas isn’t big and you can pack a bunch of shows, attractions, and activities into a 3-day weekend. On your second trip, which majority of people end of doing, party and repeat the stuff you loved the most! It’s a great escape if you need a quick and really fun vacation without the commitment of a super long flight (if you’re in North America).
I did do some gambling and a lot of tanning at a few hotels!
Anyways, I have a thousand times more to write but I don’t want to make this any longer than it should be. This barely shows half our trip but there are a ton of guides and reviews of great things in Vegas if that is why you ended up on my page. Please leave your Vegas recommendations in the comments below! Thanks for checking out my blog and see you at the next post!