Happy New Year and Happy Sunday! Hello 2018. Yes, I know, it’s already February, but I’ve been travelling, find my balance between making YouTube content, work, staying healthy, and my jewelry line. Anyways, I’m so very excited for this year. For me, 2017 was, for the most part, a dud. Yes, there were some highlights, which I’ll mention below, but I’m ready for this new beginning. Here is to more positivity, growth in my career, hobbies, and relationships, and more happiness!
Here is the outfit I wore on the last day of 2017. You might recognize these red flare pants from my C-Tribe Fashion Show outfit, BUT they are different. Well they are the same pants but I got them altered to be long in the front and thus, more dramatic! I hated the short leg on the original pants… it was not for me! Anyways, my seamstress did an amazing job on them and I got so many compliments at the places we celebrated the new year. The sparkly crop top was purchased the day before, I had no idea what I would pair with the pants but in all honesty, I wanted GLITTER. You can’t see them, but I’m rocking a pair of new black, bejeweled heels, which I will save to show in another post! Full outfit details listed at the end of the post. Also, let me know if you’d like a makeup tutorial video on my makeup above!
Here are a few of my resolutions for 2018 in no order:
- Max only 1 photo radar ticket for the WHOLE year
- Keep up a fit lifestyle
- Pay off my vehicle
- Save up $X by the end of the year by saving $X per month
- Travel on long weekends (whether it’s by driving or plane, just GO somewhere)
- Finish reading all the books I purchased in 2015-2017 & not buy/download any until then
- NO buying any makeup until my birthday, I can only buy these “daily” items and only when they run out: foundation, face powder, liquid eyeliner, and mascara
- Post a YouTube video every Monday
- Post a blog post every Tuesday and Thursday
- Launch Jewel Sofia online store by June
I have more resolutions that are more personal, or just not interesting enough for you to read, or I just don’t want certain people knowing them, but I feel like these are all goals that will bring positivity to my life, as well as help out my bank account, lower my stress, and expand my mind and heart.
Since being more positive is one of my goals for 2018, here are some of my personal highlights from 2017:
- Bought a brand new 2017 Nissan Rogue!!!!! My BABY!!!!!
- Having my jewelry booth at the St. Albert Farmer’s Market and selling with my Mama
- Visiting boo butt and seeing Halifax, Nova Scotia, as well as a few other east coast places for the first time
- Being promoted to now my third marketing job and regularly finding ways to improve my resume and skills that I can bring to my future journey in marketing
- Seeing my parents celebrate their 27th wedding anniversary
- Turning 25 surrounded by amazing people
- Got my first international customer for Jewel Sofia!!
- Joined an ultimate frisbee summer league and fully committed
- Started my YouTube channel up again and so far, have been pretty consistent with videos
- Camping in Canmore with boo butt on Canada Day weekend and biking a ton
- Camping at Spray Lakes with boo butt on Labor Day weekend and having the most amazing view
- Took a risk and got my hair dyed a fierce red
- Meeting Christina Milian
- Seeing Jay-Z in concert
- Seeing my girl, Andrea, get married
- Reached 500 subscribers on YouTube!
Those are all I could think of from the top of my head, I know there are a ton more highlights with my personal, family, career, and other aspects of my life. Anyways, this post turned into more writing than I planned so I will end it here. I wish you an amazing, fun, healthy, safe, loving, positive, and prosperous 2018. Thank you for stopping by my blog and I will see you in the next post!
- Rose Gold Sequin Top – Urban Behaviour ($5 YALL!!!!!)
- Red Pants – La Maison Simons
Photos taken by me, my friends, and random people haha.